Due to one of our Imaging Certificate holders going on maternity leave in December, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a veterinary surgeon (with an imaging/medicine certificate or significant ultrasound experience) to join our modern, vibrant, independent and family owned practice on a temporary/fixed term/permanent basis with the potential to extend subject to circumstances.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious veterinary surgeon, ideally an Advanced Practitioner in Diagnostic Imaging or an experienced vet who has worked in veterinary hospitals performing a significant quantity of ultrasounds. The candidate will work alongside and complement our existing dynamic team of advanced practitioners in surgery, medicine and imaging as we further develop our multidisciplinary service. It would be expected that the candidate will consult as well as undertake ultrasound examinations as part of the role.
We are proud to currently be the only independently owned hospital in the UK to have full RCVS accreditation as well as achieving outstanding status in all associated awards.
During the day, we provide routine vet care as well as complex treatments by Advanced Practitioners in state of the art facilities. By night, our sister service, delivers the highest standard of emergency and out of hours care to both our patients and neighbouring subscriber practices from within our hospital.
The candidate needs to be passionate about providing a high level of care for our patients and a premium service for our clients. In addition, the candidate needs to be able to efficiently investigate cases to a high standard and have a medical mind-set, as well as being competent with emergency cases. Good communication and personal skills are essential and the candidate will be encouraged to maintain continuity with clients and see cases through to a conclusion.
- Maternity cover late Dec/early Jan 2020 for 9 months but with a view to permanency due to planned expansion
- Become integrated with our extensive vet team, with diverse skill sets and interest
- Based within our hospital you will work alongside our Advanced Practitioners supporting the wards, consultations and procedures
- Current ‘Covid-19’ rota involves working in one of our ‘teams’ working a ‘4 days on, 4 days off’ rota
- Standard rota (which we will consider reverting to in 2021 subject to Covid-19 developments involves a 4-day working week with one day off (3 day working week after working a weekend)
- 1 in 8 full weekends (days only) and 1 in 8 Saturdays
- CT implementation during the summer of 2021 (due to practice expansion and new planned extension) and may require support with installation and training if the candidate is interested (further details to be discussed)
- Daily/Weekly locum rate to be agreed or if fixed term/permanent contract taken:
- Salary subject to experience and Certificate/Advanced Practitioner Status
- 22 days’ holiday (5 weeks + 2 days) pro rata
- CPD allowance £1500 pro rata
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
As owners, the retention of our independence means that by working alongside our teams at ground roots level, we have an inherent understanding of everyone’s needs and can respond in a bespoke way. We believe in taking care of our team, through consistent communication, trust and honesty, treating everyone in an individual way.
This is an exciting opportunity where the candidate will work within excellent surroundings, supported by a family-style team in a thriving independent practice. We invite you to join our family and be part of something special.