We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to support two Surrey based practices.
They work to a 4-day week and this role will provide cover while the Lead Vet or Assistant Vet are on their day-off.
You will be playing a crucial part in part within the teams, working both sole charge and in a team. It will see you working in different practice environments, allowing you to gain exposure to varied surgeries and learn from a diverse team of veterinary professionals.
Here, you will create a large connection of colleagues, working together and sharing knowledge to deliver outstanding service and care for clients and patients.
Salary & Hours:
- They work to a 4-day week, 39 hours with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Base salary is dependent on experience and includes £12,000 housing allowance and vehicle or £2,500 allowance
- CPD allowance of £1500 plus 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership
- 5 weeks annual holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- You will also be included on the bank holiday and on-call rota - this is fair share with all vets in the region
- On-call is approx. 3 weeks of the year to support the wonderful night team should they require additional support and enabling the development of your ECC
You will be working between 2 sister clinics situated in London, just south of the river. Both feed into the 24-Hour Camberwell Hospital for all out of hour care and work-ups of cases - each sit within a 7-15 minute drive from each other.
One practice is a cat-friendly clinic, equipped with ultrasound, x-rays, ECG, dentistry facilities, in-house lab and on-site cattery. The team is led by Branch Partner and Vet, plus additional Assistant Vet. The nursing and support team is made up of two RVN's, SVN, PCA, CCA and two Cattery Assistants.
The second is a quieter practice, made up of the Lead Vet, Head Nurse and SVN. This role will provide sole charge cover during the LV's day off. The practice is equipped with one consult rooms, one theatre, x-ray, dentistry facilities and works collaboratively with the other practice.