We are looking for a Vet to join this modern and well equipped surgery in Altrincham, 5 miles south of Manchester. The role has opened up due to the relocation of the current Vet. It is a full-time position, but there is flexibility. They work a 4-day week from 9am to 7pm. All days include some consulting, operating and admin time. The practice is open at weekends and work them on a rota, 1 in 3 at the moment. Saturday is 9 to 6. Sunday is 10:30 to 4:30 and just consults. They finish at 2pm on a Thursday for a long weekend break. We use the local Vets Now Hospital for our out of hours and due to it being a hospital, have the added bonus of being able to send cases we cannot handle over to them during working hours. The weekends are the only part of the role that are sole charge.
- The team is made up of four RVNs, one student nurse, a VCA and four receptionists
- They use their nurses effectively and they have their own ops and consults lists
- Dentals always get x-rays and extractions are limited to a maximum of 45 minutes
- They have a MyLab Six ultrasound and visiting specialist.
- They do a range of in-house orthopaedics including TTAs and are ready to expand their surgical kit.
They really are looking for someone that would help push the practice forward clinically, in both the range of procedures and treatments provided and development of the team.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team around you
- Strong but balanced sense of responsibility
- Awareness of self and clear sense of direction
They are offering a competitive salary and benefits.