This busy surgery in Livingston are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and experienced team on a full time, permanent basis. Close to a good selection of local amenities and public transport links and less than 2 miles to Livingston North & Livingston South train stations.
This role is full time role, 40 hours per week, with some weekends or all weekends worked; depending on your rota preference.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
Who are you:
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
What they are offering:
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards