We are working with a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. They are set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
They have a mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care which means their employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
They provide ongoing support to all their teams, both in practice and through their dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from their advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join this practice in North London. The practice is active within the local community and has a loyal client base. You will be working within a well-equipped practice including digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, tonometer, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy.
We are seeking someone with excellent communication and client-facing skills with the ability to take on clinical coaching duties. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and progress, with potential Head Nurse opportunities within the group, in the future.
Offering a salary up to £25,000, dependent on experience.
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice.
- Communicating well with clients.
- Meeting and greeting clients and patients.
- Reception duties.
- Registering new clients and pets.
- Ordering, unpacking items and storing correctly and conducting returns.
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets with restraining animals for blood sampling, drips and examination.
- Administering topical, parental, subcutaneous/intramuscular/intravenous injections under the Veterinary Surgeon’s instruction and supervision.
- The running of in-house laboratory tests and the packaging and sending away for external laboratories.
- Assisting with anaesthesia, surgery and the taking of radiographs.
- Correct cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials.
- Cleaning, hygiene and maintenance of kennel area.
- Safe use of equipment in the laboratory.
- Scanning and filing of clinic records.
- General cleaning, hygiene and tidiness of practice.
- Maintaining stock of consumables.