Their values are what makes the practice a successful and fun place to work – we remain true to these values:
- Openness – they share information, they are open to ideas, they speak their minds
- Respect – they respect the individual and treat people decently
- Engagement – their success depends on our commitment and the engagement of their teams
- Dialogue – they discuss before they decide
- Entrepreneurship – they innovate and look for opportunities to succeed profitably in a changing world
This is the basis of great Teamwork.
Main Purpose of Role:
To deliver a high standard of nursing care to the patients, assist the veterinary surgeons, liaise with clients with regards to inpatient care and carry out nurse clinics.
- Maintain a high standard of inpatient care.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Guide and support Student VN’s.
- Adhere to all SOP’s.
- Communicate with clients and maintain a high professional standard.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all members of the practice.
- Maintain membership with the RCVS and adhere to the RCVS Nursing Code of Conduct.
- Attend the adequate hours of CPD as required by the RCVS.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building.
- Fulfil the obligations of the rota, sick cover/on call rota & bank holiday cover.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by the Partners, Associate Vets, or other members of the management team.
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of themselves and others at work. This also includes taking care of equipment and reporting immediately any items not working.
- Support the partners with new initiatives.
- When required to do so, support Reception and greet clients, using the 5 key steps.
- Great salary and benefits for the right person, 40 hours a week.