We are looking for an experienced RVN with good post registration experience. Their nurses are friendly, down-to-earth people with a genuine interest in animal health and welfare. They are looking for someone who is confident, works well under pressure and is self-motivated to work independently but can contribute to the team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the varied caseload provided by the clients and patients; no two days are every alike. You will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have an organised and systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role efficiently.
What you’ll be doing:
• Utilising your surgical and medical nursing skills caring for animals most in need.
• Administering treatments to animals in this busy surgery where they care for a wide range of species.
• Conducting treatments to include Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing and first aid as directed.
• Taking X-rays and assisting with other diagnostic procedures.
• Nursing of in-patients; including some intensive care, pain scoring and ensuring appropriate enrichment regimes for longer stay patients.
• Triaging patients for the attention of the Veterinary Surgeon.
• Dispensing drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and surgery rules and maintaining up to date and accurate clinical records.
• A dedicated reception team are employed at the surgery but excellent customer service skills are required for both providing some reception cover as well as admission and discharge appointments etc.
• Undertaking professional and personal development associated with the role.
• Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Degree in Veterinary Nursing
• Good communication skills (both written and oral)
• Confident and competent decision making skills
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to make sound clinical decisions
• 40 hours standard working week
• A generous pension scheme with associated life assurance
• Support for professional development after qualifying period
• Access to employee assistance programme