If you are an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse looking for better home/life balance or a newly qualified nurse in the early stages of your career, then we have an exciting opportunity available at this Practice in lovely town of Harrogate.
This role is a full time role, 40 hours per week with 1 in 4 Saturdays although they will consider part time hours for the right candidate. They encourage a good work/life balance so TOIL days will be offered before or after the weekends you work. They are fans of flexible working as well, so if full time isn’t quite right for you then please let them know and they can discuss. Sole Charge will be required at weekends and on Bank Holidays, but always with a Vet and Receptionist.
Veterinary Nurses are encouraged to consult just as much as the Veterinary Surgeons, to fully utilise all your skills, and they fully support every opportunity to develop your own passion.
With three dedicated Client Care Assistants and a wonderful Practice Manager, the reception areas and insurance paperwork are covered so our nurses can dedicate more of their time to building their strong relationships with their clientele.
Located on the edge of Harrogate, the surgery is easily accessible by bus, train or car.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
The successful candidate will be qualified as an RVN and willing to be a clinical coach. They will share enthusiasm for clinics, surgical nursing and inpatient care, and have good rapport with clients. Liking people is as important as liking animals for them. They are looking for someone diligent, with good attention to detail, who is naturally empathetic and loves being part of a team who work together to become more than the sum of their parts.
They love to develop people and encourage school work experience and EMS students, so the ideal candidate will be willing to mentor. They believe in a just culture and foster and safety culture. They are an inclusive and friendly bunch and want you to feel that you can work in a place where you are true to yourself. Diversity in enthusiastically embraced!
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary from £18k for newly qualified
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Flexible working hours and no OOH
- Contributory pension scheme
- Income Protection after 1 Years Service
- Birthday Day Off
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc) and Uniform
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards