We are looking for a part time Vet to join this busy surgery in Altrincham, 5 miles south of Manchester. The role has opened up due to the increase in work they have seen during the pandemic. At the moment they work a 4-day week from 9am to 7pm with consulting, operating and admin time every day. However, this part time role is very flexible and can accommodate someone looking to work around child care, school or who is just trying to find more time for life.
They are open at weekends and work them on a rota, 1 in 3 at the moment. Saturday is 9 to 6. Sunday is 10:30 to 4:30 and just consults. Having worked a weekend, they finish at 2pm on a Thursday for a long weekend break. They use the local Veterinary Hospital for out of hours and due to it being a hospital, have the added bonus of being able to send cases they cannot handle over to them during working hours. The weekends are the only part of the role that are sole charge.
- The team is made up of four RVNs, one student nurse, a VCA and four receptionists
- They use their nurses effectively and they have their own ops and consults lists
- Dentals always get x-rays and extractions are limited to a maximum of 45 minutes
- They have a MyLab Six ultrasound and visiting specialist
- They do a range of in-house orthopaedics including TTAs and are ready to expand their surgical kit.
They are looking for a true GP vet, someone that can support the whole team. Providing back up to less experienced members, confidently deal with challenging cases and clients and help keep a nice calm environment when things get a little busy!
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team around you
- Strong but balanced sense of responsibility
- Awareness of self and clear sense of direction
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary wise for example a 3 years qualified Vet could be around £38k and they have scope for someone with a CertAVP. Benefits wise.
- Benefits include:
- Private health insurance
- Income protection after a year
- 5 weeks holiday
- CPD budget is flexible, a certificate is certainly possible