Vetpool is working with a fabulous Independent group that is looking to recruit an ECC night Vet for its RCVS accredited and well equipped hospital in beautiful West Sussex! This group of practices is well respected locally and has an experienced and established team of Vets and nurses.
The candidate: we are looking for a driven and ambitious veterinary surgeon, ideally an Advanced Practitioner in Emergency and Critical Care or an experienced ECC vet who has worked in veterinary hospitals. The candidate will work alongside and complement our existing dynamic team of certified vets and nurses as we further develop and grow our service.
- The role will involve seeing first opinion emergencies alongside providing continuous care for our inpatients.
- An ability to efficiently investigate cases to a high standard and have a medical mind-set, as well as being competent with emergencies sole-charge.
- Good personal skills are essential and the candidate will be encouraged to maintain continuity with clients and see cases through to a conclusion.
- We have a great relationship with the daytime teams in the hospital and branch practices, and have developed strong bonds with our member practices. It is therefore vitally important that the vet who joins us has excellent communication skills and understands as well as values the importance of teamwork.
- Working alongside experienced and dedicated ECC RVNs who are both friendly and excellent team players.
- We recognise the importance of achieving work life balance and have developed a sustainable rota that reflects this concept, which involves working an average of 10-12 thirteen hour shifts each month.
- Although experience in emergency care or ECC Advanced Practitioner status is preferred this is not essential and funding towards an ECC certificate will also be considered.
- Salary subject to experience ad Certificate/Advanced Practitioner status
- Holiday of 5.6 weeks per year equivalent to 17 shifts per year, based on your average weekly working hours.
- Annualised hours system (to be discussed on application)
- CPD allowance £1500
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Support for a Certificate if required and training agreements considered.
- RCVS, VDS and BSAVA membership