A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join this Practice in North West London.
The Practice was established in 1985. The list of clients is still growing but they also have the original, fiercely loyal clients who continue to come to them with their new generation of pets.
The practice is located in North London between the areas of Hendon, Burnt Oak, and Wembley. The area is rapidly growing, with several new housing developments within walking distance to the clinic. The practice is larger than most with two consult rooms, large reception, separate theatre and x-ray rooms, a vet office, bespoke utility room, kitchen, private garden, spacious forecourt and on-site parking.
The team is comprised of the Lead Vet, Head RVN, and currently two Student Veterinary Nurses although there is scope to grow to a 2-vet practice. The nursing team has had advanced training in developing the client journey and they pride themselves on gold-standard care for both patients and for their owners.
Salary & Benefits:
This role offers a competitive base salary plus £10,200 housing allowance, vehicle or £2500 allowance, £1500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave RCVS, VDS and BVA.
The role works to a 4-day week (09:00-19:00) with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends. You will also be included on the bank holiday and on-call rota. This is fair share with all vets in the region (approx. 3 weeks of the year) should our night team require additional support.
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Overall responsibility for management of the clinic
- Answering client complaints
- Line manager for Head Nurse and any other vets should the clinic grow
- Monitoring clinic financial performance and implementing ways to develop and grow clinic turnover
- A minimum of 3 years UK (or equivalent) experience
- A personable nature, keen to form client relationships
- Previous management experience would be a bonus but is not essential
- A desire to learn and develop the clinic is crucial