Dorking is a pretty town, and the Practice is just a short walk to the high street and a 15-minute drive to the M25. They are now looking for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join this small but dedicated team. The practice has lovely well bonded clients and has the support of a nearby 24-hour hospital for a wider range of services such as CT imaging, endoscopy, laparoscopy, exotic referrals and overnight inpatient care, as well as the support of many colleagues with particular interests and certificate holders.
This is a full time position, but flexible working and part time applicants will be considered. The successful candidate will be a confident GP Vet looking to take the next step in their career.
You must be a great communicator, someone with ambition and drive to lead the team and to ensure all their wonderful clients and patients are given gold standard care. Certificate study is actively encouraged and funded, and there are partnership opportunities for the right candidate.
This role covers 39 hours a week over a 4 day shift pattern, offering an attractive work-life balance. You will also be part of a 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend rota.
Salary & Benefits:
A very competitive package of up to £65,000 per annum (depending on experience), which includes accommodation allowance and a vehicle or vehicle allowance
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave, and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- Colleague of the month awards, Hills staff feeding schemes, plus many more benefits available
- You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS.
- Ideally, you have at least 3-5 years' veterinary experience with small animals (UK or equivalent).