Due to their continued growing reputation, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join a modern, vibrant, independent and family owned state of the art practice. Based within a beautifully refurbished clinic, nestled at the foot of the South Downs National Park in sunny West Sussex, they are ‘more than a vets’ – a family that uphold the values of respect, humility, professionalism and communication. They provide a personal service that their clients deserve, delivered with real empathy and care.
The candidate: they are looking for a driven and ambitious veterinary surgeon to lead their existing dynamic team as they continue to develop their multidisciplinary service.
Since opening in August 2019, the clinic has significantly grown in popularity and their close-knit teams thrive on a family-style atmosphere, bonding clients and delivering impeccable client care.
The clinic is supported locally by their hospital which is currently the only independently owned hospital in the UK to have full RCVS accreditation as well as achieving outstanding status in all associated awards!
The candidate needs to be passionate about providing a high level of care for patients and a premium service for clients. In addition, the candidate needs to be able to efficiently investigate cases to a high standard and have a medical mind-set, as well as being surgically competent. Good communication and personal skills are essential and the candidate will be encouraged to maintain continuity with clients and see cases through to a conclusion.
- Lead a multi-vet team, with diverse skill sets and interests.
- To act as an ambassador and reflect the practice’s values and culture, ensuring positivity and a healthy culture is maintained.
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate and inspire fellow colleagues.
- You will work as part of their 3 FTE team, undertaking consultations, surgery and investigative procedures.
- Comprehensive facilities and equipment inclusive of ultrasound, dental radiography, digital radiography, dedicated theatre as well as separate cat and dog ward.
- 4 day working week with one day off (3-day week after working a weekend at the hospital)
- Rota (to be discussed) based on the option of 1 in 8 full weekends (days only) and 1 in 8 half weekends (Saturday only) on an alternating basis at the hospital / 1 in 3 Saturday mornings at the clinic and a full Sunday at the hospital.
- Salary subject to experience and relevant certification (£50,000+)
- 22 days’ holiday (5 weeks + 2 days)
- CPD allowance £1500
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Support for a Certificate if required and training agreements considered
- RCVS, VDS and BSAVA membership
This is a really exciting opportunity where the candidate will work within excellent surroundings, supported by a family-style team in a thriving independent practice!